Provides labor for county maintenance, trash, and landfill duties and construction details.
Counseling: General, Substance Abuse Education
Recreation: General Recreation
Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study, Choir
Vocational/OJT: Plumbing, Welding, Heavy Equipment Operation, and Brick Masonry
To house approximately 140 inmates, in a safe, secure and sanitary environment, responsive to the needs of Jefferson County maintenance, sanitation, roads and grounds department.
* To establish Jefferson County C.I. as a model for all Georgia County Facilities
* To continue to protect the public by minimizing zero escapes.
* Decrease accidents by emphasizing safety standards and procedures at the work site
* Minimize litigation with respect to staff and also inmates.
* Continue to develop team building among staff.
* Fill all essential operation vacancies.
Profile Correctional Officers typically work a 12-hour shift on a continuous 6:00 AM/PM rotation. A
minimum of three officers are at the facility at all times to perform shakedowns, maintain
buildings, transport, and to check security. Average ratio for work details are three (3) inmates
to one (1) guard, with no more than 12. Security level determines which inmates do what type
Take I-20 East to Highway 78 South to Thomson.
Take Highway 17 South from Thomson to Wrens.
At the 2nd traffic light go right on Highway 1.
Continue on Highway 1 for approximately 15 miles and turn right on Clark Mills Road (you will see Thomas Jefferson Academy on the left), Jefferson County Prison will be on your left.